1. Having a weekend night off, but no one is available to hang out.
2. Being upset and needing to talk it out with at least three different people.
Because how else will you process all of your FEELINGS?
3. When new friends think you’re “too clingy” because you’re initiating all of the hangouts.
4. Blurting out your thoughts on something before they’re necessarily fully formed.
(Which isn’t the way introverts do it AT ALL, so sometimes they think you’re rash or too honest.)
5. When you come home and want to just drink wine and talk about your day with someone, but your roommate isn’t willing to hang out.
6. Feeling like you should have more shame or sense of embarrassment than you do, because you don’t mind being the center of attention.
Is that a bad thing??
7. People thinking you’re “needy” when you’re just trying to recharge by connecting with someone.
8. When everyone talks about how all they want to do is stay home and be on Tumblr and marathon Netflix, and you’re just like:
9. Dealing with unexpected alone time.
10. Sensing that you’re talking too much in meetings.
You just have a lot of ideas!
11. …or talking too much at work or in class in general, because it’s second nature to you.
12. When the cashier at the grocery store is like:
13. Because once you get going, sometimes you can’t stop.
..and you feel like you overwhelm people.
14. When everyone near you at work is wearing headphones and you just want to chat.
15. Talking with your hands all the time. Maybe even TOO much.
16. Feeling more comfortable working with a large group than working by yourself.
17. Having those “OH MY GOD I NEED TO BE AROUND PEOPLE” days…
18. …but on the flip side, people expect you to ALWAYS be the life of the party.
…when you have your quiet moments too! You just feel more refreshed when you’re socializing.
19. You want to do yoga or meditate, but the thought of being silent for that long seems exhausting.
Zumba or group sports are really more your thing.
20. Being home alone.
21. Making your introvert friend semi-uncomfortable with all of your talking.
22. Being labeled “too intense.”
23. Feeling like you’re burning out from socializing constantly, but also feeling like you can’t stop.
24. Wondering if your voice is too loud.
25. Feeling stereotyped as shallow or unintellectual because you’re not an introvert.